Monday 11 July 2016

Feora2 Jack Wall (attempt 2)

Warmachine Mark 3 game 1 and why not start with a bang!  So the game size was set at 75 points (50 points in old money) and I chose a really janky Feora2 list that was based on a list I've taken before in mark 2.  However with the new power up rules I had to give it another go, the idea of being able to power 9 jacks and still have 6 focus was just to good to miss!
 
Feora, Protector of the Flame vs. Absylonia, Terror of Everblight (Legion)
Loss: Scenario - 5/0

The list looked good and the first turn of using power up was amazing, I very nearly ran out of focus tokens - brilliant!!!  If only the game had gone as well.  It turned out the fun list that Mark had selected wasa perfect counter to my list.  Between the 4 heavies being able to shred 3 lights per turn and the Deathstalkers pinging 4 choir per turn i was really living on borrowed time.




The short version of the game was mistake after mistake by myself.  I hid hand of judgement behind the objective so stop him being charged.  However conversely this meant that I couldn't charge out either.  This proved a problem when I had to remove a heavy but could only use the spray rather than wrecking face in combat.  After 3 rounds and running out of models I went for an assaassination using a spray from Hand of Judgement and a second from Feora.  This went well for Hand reducing Abby down to 5 points.  Then up stepped Feora but sadly Hand had filled the only place where she could spray from without her being in combat!  This left me to charge a Scythean and thanks to some atrocious dice failed to kill it (on feat turn as well!).  

Running out of models and being 2/0 down on scenario all the remained was three heavies leveling Hand to claim the zone and capturing the flags for the win.  A good game and a great intro to mark 3 and power up inparticular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment